Blessings For Eating!!!
HADITH: Anas(ra) related that Rasulullah (saw) said: "Take the Suhoor meal, for there is blessing in it." (Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

The Suhoor meal is the meal eaten before dawn, before we begin a day of fasting for the sake of pleasing Allah. Many Muslims have said that eating this early in the morning is difficult for their stomachs. I can relate. When I wake for Tahajjud prayer (night prayer) the last thing my belly wants is food. My brain is hardly awake let alone my appetite. But when we read that Allah has put blessings in something as simple as eating food before fajr, how can we NOT grab at least a date, a piece of toast or even a COOKIE and receive what feels like Freebie Extra Credit Blessings from our Creator? Allah is Most Merciful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment