Letter to Vital Records & The Response....I smell something fishy
Dear Div. of Vital Records People:

I recently received a birth certificate for my daughter born in August 2007. What I received was a photo copy of a certificate with the impressed seal at the top and not the certificate on security paper with the seal of Vital Records clearly embossed. I called the Maryland division of Vital Records @ 420-764-3069 to ask why this certificate was different than my other children's certificates. I was told that what I received was a "book copy" certificate. And the reason for this is because my husband, who is a US citizen, was born outside of the US (Nigeria). My other children, from the same father, have never received a "book copy" certificate. I was told this is better and has more information, including place of birth of the father which my others don't include and this "book copy" would be better for obtaining passports. Frankly, I've never had any problem obtaining passports for my other children and would prefer to have the same birth certificate for my recently born daughter. How do I exchange this "book copy" for the other birth certificate? (Birth Number ***- ***** *****)
I appreciate any assistance you can give in this matter.

RESPONSE
In reviewing your information the reason you received the book copy is because the name is too long to fit on the electronic copy this is the reason you received the book copy.

OH COME ON! MY OTHER CHILD'S NAME IS LONGER! I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.

1 comments:

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

That's crazy!!! UGH - good luck figuring it all out!

Post a Comment